Thursday, June 15, 2006

New York City Here We Come

The Boyfriend and I are going to NYC in November for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary (which was in April - I know...long story).

So we've been planning on what we want to do/see/eat/hear while we're there. The Boyfriend lived there for a year, and I used to go all the time when I was a teenager so we're both really excited to go.

One show that he really wants to go see is A Chorus Line since it's coming back. I saw it years ago on Broadway and now we're going to see it again. We ordered tickets last week and they arrived today....whooopee....

To give you an idea of how much tickets cost, the last show I saw on Broadway was The Phantom of the Opera in 1989. At that time, I had front row balcony seats and the tickets were $42.50 a piece, quite expensive back then. Our tickets for this show? We're in the balcony again, 4th row from the front on the aisle --- $111.25 each, whew!

I hope we get cocktails with that!

He also wants to go see the new Sweeney Todd version with Patti Lupone but her contract is only through July 2nd and we're not sure who's going to replace here. It's a totally odd revival of that show where the actors play instruments on stage and such.

I on the other hand would like to go see The Three Penny Opera with Alan Cumming, Ana Gasteyer (we saw her last as Elphaba in Wicked - she was awesome) and Cyndi Lauper, yes you read that right...THE Cyndi Lauper is doing Broadway, I bet you didn't know that did you....so maybe if they're still doing it in November we'll go see that.

Anyone have any recommendations on what we should go see/do/hear/visit while we're there?

6 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

That's going to be exciting! I know you'll have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I would definately see the three penny opera!! Cyndi Lauper is just cool. And the lady who played Elphaba sounds fab too.

Sounds like a great trip Michael. Oh, have you ever been to the sea world type park thing they have?? I have never been, but my friend Chris said it was fantastic (he moved his sister from Yellowknife, NWT to New York last September... what a move!)

Andrea Knapp said...

How funny. The only thing I know about Patty Lupone is that Jack from W&G just loves her.

That WAS Patty Lupone wasn't it?

G and I went to NY about two years ago and I hated saying to people "I *heart* NY" what with that being the city's motto, but GOD! I LOVE NY!!!!

It's awesome. I totally want to go again, maybe next year!

Michael Lehet said...

XM - Seaworld? I'm not familiar with one near NYC, tell me more!

Anonymous said...

Okay, i aske Chris and he corrected me on the name. You can go here: http://www.nyaquarium.com/ and see the stuff in it. He said it was beautiful, and very cool.

Karen said...

When I was last in NY, we ate at a place called Café Luisa (or Louisa) in the lower eastside (I think, gosh I'm bad!) and the soup of the day was a cold blueberry and rosemary soup. IT WAS TO DIE FOR. Seriously, I was ready to give up my first born to get the recipe. The soup was so good that the waiter got down on one knee when he told us about it, and with good reason! We almost cancelled our order of salmon with mangos (also excellent!) just to get more soup. Even better, the place ins't that expensive. Call ahead and see if they can make the soup. If so, GO!!!!! This was one of the best things that I have ever eaten in my life. Oh and the chocolate on chocolate with more chocolate and a few strawberies dessert was decent as well!