Friday, June 16, 2006

SURPRISE


On the way for the surprise
Originally uploaded by Michael_L.
It's very rare that I get to surprise someone, especially The Boyfriend.

His birthday is coming up this weekend and we're not going to have an opportunity to spend a lot of time together so I thought that I would surprise him.

He works downtown and I work near home so we never get to see each other during the day for lunch or things of that nature....so I checked around and found out that The Chicago Symphony Orchestra was practicing this afternoon, so I scheduled a day off from work.

I got in touch with one of his co-workers and worked on a plan to get him out of the office for lunch! So I made a nice lunch of Turkey, Roast Beef and Provolone Sandwiches, an Orzo Salad with Feta some chips and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.

I told The Boyfriend this morning that "I'm not feeling well, so I stayed home from work." He felt bad for me because of it (and I felt bad for fibbing to him, but it needed to be done.)

On the way I stopped at this nice florist on the way and picked him up a beautiful boquet of orchids and roses....I called my friend to let her know that I was on schedule and that I'd meet them at the arranged place.

When he walked out of his office building he saw me across the street and said "What are you doing here? I thought you were sick?" Finally my plan had worked.

At this point his co-worker was planning on going her way and I said "Oh no, you're going with us." So the three of us went over to Millennium Park, sat in the sun, ate our lunch and enjoyed listening to the CSO practice. (Even their practice was beautiful).

So Happy Birthday Boyfriend! I love you and I'm so happy you're a part of my life!

5 comments:

Karen said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

very romantic!! What a great surprise!!! I be tthe boyfriend is feeling very lucky today :D

Andrea Knapp said...

You guys are so perfect for each other!!!!! and Happy Birthday Dave!

Tati said...

What a wonderful surprise! Well done!

Mr. Urs said...

Well plotted and excecuted. You're an inspiration, Michael.