Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol - The Auditions

OH MY GOD!

Well let me start off by saying - the only time I watch American Idol with a vengence is during the audition shows at the begining of the season.

What in the HELL are these people thinking? I mean honestly do some of those people really think that they're talented? They must think it, they're saying it, and they look like the mean it when they say it, that's what's really scary.

I wonder if some of the people are doing it just for the fun of meeting Simon and getting booed out of the audition room, I mean that's what I would do. You know make it so outrageous that they would have to put you on the audition program....but for some reason I don't think that's the goal these people started out with.

I don't want to discourage anyone from following their dream, but some of the people they interview and show seriously think that they're the next American Idol....have they ever seen the show I wonder?

I know I don't have a good singing voice, and I don't delude myself into thinking that I do...but maybe next year when Idol comes I'll have to go try out, hey it can't hurt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The auditions are the only part of these shows I watch, generally because they're hilarious. Yes, I laugh at those being exploited by big tv companies.

I can't believe some of the folks who try out and think they're really, truly the next big thing. And they have their families telling them how brilliant they are. Do their families have ears?

Please, Michael, I beg you to shoot me if I ever tell you I am trying out for any kind of talent show!

Although, I do have a sick kind of crush on Simon Cowell so it might be worth it just to see him in the flesh!

Anonymous said...

I too like Simon.

How about the wierdo computer programmer with the buggy eyes? Not the one Simon called a monkey, but the one who wasn't making eye contact with Ryan.

Overall, I think there is a lot of mental illness out there.