Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sadness and Happiness


Go Bears
Originally uploaded by Michael_L.
According to my roommate The Bears won a little football game today.

As I was returning from Midway Airport, where I had just deposited my weekend visitor, the city was aglow with The Bears Victory.

This was the best I could do as i was in traffic and I drive a stick shift.

The city was fabulous Bears and Seahawks colors everywhere. This is the Blue Cross/Blue Shield building shouting it out.. There was another building (That big Red one that everyone always says "How long has that been there?" that said "Go Bears" and had an outline of a bears head on it, and the triangle building up there had Go Bears on it.

Little tidbit about the Smurfit Stone Building (that diamond shaped one) remember the movie Adventures in Babysitting? Well that was the building that the main character was on the outside of in the movie.

But as I said, I was just returning from The Airport from dropping off Andrea. We had a fabulous time and you'll have to wait for her to post her "List of things overheard" I think it may even include "Why, do you have hairy feet?" The weather was icky but we still found some time to do a few things around the city. You'll have to check out our Flickr accounts and see what we came up with.

So on one hand there was all of this happiness because The Bears won but also sadness because the weekend was over.

No comments: