Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Why can't they at least be stylish

Last evening The Boyfriend and went downtown for a performance of Twelve Angry Men. We arrived downtown very early, even after having a lite dinner and stopping at The Boyfriends office to pick up the tickets, so we decided to do some shopping.

Everything, everywhere is The Bears. On one of the buildings downtown they have the lights in a patter that says "Bear Down Bears", everything is Orange & Blue and even though it's minus windchill everyone seems to be in chipper moods.

Even though I'm not into the Super Bowl at all, I'm pretty excited anyway because George is coming up to watch the game with us. Actually that blew all of my plans because I was going to have an "Anti-Superbowl Party" and invite all my friends over to watch showtunes all day and do our hair and nails....there's always next year.

The Boyfriend said that they're holding a charity at his workplace on Friday, if you make a donation you can wear Jeans and something "Bears" related instead of the usual work drag, so he wanted to try and find something. I felt that since I was actually celebrating the SuperBowl this year I should try and find something as well.......

Thus our adventure began, first following signs through the store trying to find the Bears Garb, once we did find it (all the way on the other end of the store) the selection was rather poor and distasteful. Everything was drab gray or dark blue, no fun colors, everything was long sleeved or had a hood or was mesh all over and they wanted $55 for it. As we shuffled through the racks of clothes The Boyfriend looked up at me and said "Couldn't they at least have something stylish?"

Well it's obvious that they know who their market is.....and it isn't stylish gay boys. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go and make something now!

No comments: