Thursday, May 05, 2005

Have you seen the end coming?

OK, this is the third time that I’ve tried to write this, it’s very difficult for me because I feel as though I need to provide some kind of background, but I understand that I don’t.

Have you ever seen the end of a friendship coming?

I’ve had a best friend for the last 3 years, we’ve had our ups and downs, more downs than ups recently, but we’ve still been friends.

Just recently he got back together with his ex-boyfriend (who I don’t enjoy being around) and he hasn’t had the balls to tell me. He lied to me when I asked him about it, but I already knew they were back together.

It’s just weird because I can see the end of our friendship fading. I truly believe that you meet people at certain times in your life for certain reasons and that when that lesson is over, you move on. I guess that time has come.

I’ve tried to be a good friend to him, I’ve offered him advice (which he never listens too), I’ve tried to be supportive (but he’s not supportive of me) and I’m just tired of it.

I guess the thing that bugs me the most is that we’ve been friends for 3 years and he isn’t being honest with me that he is choosing to be with his loser boyfriend instead of being friends with not only me but a few other people as well. Now don't get me wrong I'm not jealous, but I hate when people get with a boy/girlfriend and suddenly all of their friends go on the back burner...that is until they break up and suddenly they come calling on their old friends like nothing has happened. I've always made an effort when I'm dating someone to include everyone and not exclude my friends.

I just don’t have the desire to share things with him anymore. I’ve always tried to be honest with him and share things, isn’t that what friendship is?

I can’t write anymore about this, it’s making my brain hurt....I’m just sad.

1 comment:

Andrea Knapp said...

Michael, I completely understand. I had a best friend for years and thought it would always be like that, but then something happened and now nothing. The last time I went back to England it was painful, and when I came back here I told my husband that if I never saw her again, I don't think it would really bother me.

The end had arrived. It was sad but I'd rather it be like that than the way it was heading. It was good while it lasted though.