Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm just a country boy at heart

I love living in Chicago! Really I do!

I grew up in rural PA (way out in the boondocks) but always knew that I would live in the city somewhere, I've always liked the traffic, the noise, the convenience of it all.

But at the same time, I enjoy the touches of country living, you know the kind where your neighbor actually talks to you, you know the girl at the grocery check out lane because she's the sister of someone you went to school with, you know those kinds of things.

In Chicago you really don't have a lot of that, it's a big neighborhood but it's sort of impersonal. I live directly across the street from a big Walgreens, so of course I make it a point to have small talk with the employees (I'm there all the time) and I actually said "hi" to the postman a few months back and now whenever I see him, he always says "hi", I like that.

No comments: