Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The way people drive

Do you think it makes a difference if they learned to drive in the city or the country?

Personally I learned how to drive when I was like 10 or 11 years old. My dad had a manual transmission truck and I would sit and shift for him, that's how I learned.

I then progressed to a tractor and finally to driving a truck by myself. In fact I took my drivers test in a manual transmission truck. I've only ever owned one vehicle that was not a manual, and that was a Ford Truck.

But I'm digressing from my point.

When I grew up driving, I didn't have to be aggressive or worry about someone running me off the road or blowing their horn at me so I think that I'm a pretty "calm" driver (although my boyfriend always tells me that I'm going to have an anyerusm, but I yell and get it out of my system and I hardly blow my horn).

It just amazes me the way people drive in the city, cutting you off, blowing your horn when you're trying to park, trying to get to the crosswalk before pedestrians, running in the right lane to get in front of you so that they can wait at the light in front of you.

I can only think that this is "how these people learned to drive" They must be city folk thru and thru and they don't know any different.

I think when kids are ready to learn to drive they should be forced to move to the country where they can practice driving without having to practice giving the finger at the same time, what do you think?

No comments: