Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Not the thing you want to hear

I was in Greenville last week. They have a beautiful airport with about 12 gates there and most of the planes are small commuter type jets/airplanes.

While we were in line to board (before walking out on the tarmac to actually get to the plane) this was the phone conversation of the girl behind me.

- Hi Mom, I just wanted to let you know I'm boarding.
- I guess in about 2 hours
- Oh, they found out that Suzie has Mono.
- No, I'm OK, the doctor said I couldn't get it again because I already had it once

All that was running through my head was "how am I going to explain to the boyfriend that I got Mono from riding on an airplane?"

I almost turned around and asked her if she would mind putting on a surgical mask for the ride so that she wouldn't infect all of us.

No comments: