Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Big News

So my Big News:

I met The Boyfriends Ex-Wife last night.

His twin brother was in town with his girlfriend visiting with his Mother and they invited us over for dinner.

I had no idea that his Ex-Wife was going to be there....so it was initiation by fire.

I don't think she knew I was going to be there (as I didn't know she was going to be there) but she seems very nice, but I wonder what was going through her mind......

The Boyfriend and The Ex have a good relationship because of their son. The Boyfriend picks The Son up almost every day to take him to/from school and spends a lot of time (during the week and weekends) with him, but I just wonder what she thinks about me.

Plus I looked like shit last night, had I known we were going to meet I would have at least put on a nicer shirt.......oh well.

So I have officially met the entire Boyfriend Family (Mom, Brother, Son and Ex-Wife) I guess I'm in the thick of it now : -)

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

oh my.

Well, i am sure you made as good an impression as you could.. given the situation.

I know when I met me husbands ex (this past summer) it wasn't so great. Thank the gods they had no kids!!

I am sure you did fine.. but it might be hard for her to see her ex with another man. So she may not think very highly of you.. which I only say so that you can let it go if that is the case. Sometimes you cannot control a bias.

Michael Lehet said...

Xmichra, you are correct there's no way I can change her opinion.

Granted we only spent about 30 minutes in the same room and there were 4 other adults there, so it wasn't like we had a one-on-one hair pulling tussel or anything.

She seems like a very nice person, and I'm sure as I get to know her she'll continue to be so....

But I must agree, it can't be easy to see the man you were married to for 10 years with another man....but everyone seems to be doing well with it, so that's good : -)

Rob7534 said...

Wow Michael!!

OMG, I don't know what I would have done. I would have felt so embaressed. So, is she prettier than you? :)

Oh come on, I have to ask!!

Michael Lehet said...

Well, really what can one do in a situation like that? It's not like I could have started crying and left the room.

I knew that we were going to meet eventually, so it just happened sooner than later.

She's an attractive woman, but put it this way, neither one of us knew the other was going to be there so we didn't dress to impress : -)

Karen said...

Maybe it's a good thing that neither of you had any prior warning ... otherwise you both would have been stress baskets for days before! In any case, well done -- it's a big hurdle overcome.