Friday, August 05, 2005

A Bigger Gay Weekend



It's a big Gay Weekend in Chicago.

It is officially the NorthHalsted Market Days, one of the biggest street festivals in Chicago.

One of the great things that I love about Chicago (besides the beaches, the theaters, the restaurants) are all of the street fairs.

Everyone complains that Chicago is so cold in the winter and we get so much snow, but I must tell you, we have our fun in the summertime that's for sure.

Almost every weekend from mid-May to September there is a street festival going on somewhere in the city. This weekend there are at least 4 that I'm aware of, it's too much to keep track of.

But Market Days is the biggest and the best, it goes for almost 8 blocks down Halsted Street and there are gay boys everywhere (and some straight people too who like to look at the gay boys).

The Boyfriends group (ROTC) is performing on Saturday at 4:30 and 5:30 so if you're in the area stop by and look us up!

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and will post after the weekend.

2 comments:

The Big Finn said...

I saw your comment on the "Expatter" blog. I'm a transplanted Chicagoan who's lived in Switzerland since 2000. My wife and I (sorry...not gay!) live about a mile from Kirk and Gretchen (Expatter). Enjoy Chicago in the (hot) summer. It's been cool and cloudy for most of the summer here. I need Tommy Skilling to send some good weather to Basel off of his WGN isobar map.
TBF

Katya Coldheart said...

i need something interesting to do, i will hopefully be seeing my aunties new baby boy, if not the movies...hope you have a great time, and if only i was in the area to check out the band...i wish...lol

:0)