Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Would you wet yourself for an iBook?

The Henrico County School System based near Richmond decided to get rid of their old iBook Laptops, most were 4 years old.

They thought they had a great idea by letting everyone know they could come to the Richmond International Raceway and purchase one of these old machines for $50, what a bargain.

Well along with that bargain came a whole lot of other things:
- A woman lost one of her shoes (a flip-flop of course) and was forced to limp on hot blacktop with one shoe.

- A little girls stroller was crushed in a stampede when they opened the gates at 7:00 am.

- An Elderly man was thrown to the ground

But this is the best quote from the story:

- Blandine Alexander, 33, said one woman standing in front of her was so desperate to retain her place in line that she urinated on herself.

And I bet she wasn't even considerate enough to be wearing Depends!

Read about it on CNN

Here is a photo version

4 comments:

Monkey said...

This must one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Karen said...

I saw this on the cnn website this morn and nearly posted it to my blog .... What a sad commentary (the article, not the fact that I was going to post it to my blog)!

Kat said...

I can't beleive a grown woman pissed herself. Even more nuts was the 20-year-old who brought a folding chair to beat people back with! Next time the school system should just put the computers on Ebay!

Ms Mac said...

Yes, I probably would wet myself for an iBook. But it would have to be a brand new one, still in the box, preferably red (especially designed for me) and in the privacy of my own home.