Friday, August 05, 2005

The Look

Last night I went down to one of my favorite watering holes to grab the weekly round of gay rags to see what is going on in this big town.

It was hot, but I decided to walk since I've been SO BAD about not going to the gym, on my way there I passed a hair salon that had the most unique "chandelier" in the window. The only way I can describe it is that it was made up of a central frame that had arms coming out of it, and at the end of the arms were these clear plastic charms. The charms were all sizes and shapes, squares, triangles, circles, stars, etc. but each one was connected to a light. So each piece of plastic lit up around the edges with a different light....it was very cool.

I saw two people in the salon and I wanted to find out about it, so I walked in and I said "I love your chandelier, did you buy that or did someone make it?"

Well the look I got from the salon owner was one that I would expect to see if I had jumped up on her breakfast table and took a big dump in her cheerios just as she was ready to take a bite. I have never seen such a look of disgust in my life.

She quipped off "I think he made it." And then turned around and continued her conversation with the other person.....

I wonder how she's able to keep a business running with an attitude like that.

But hey, I went and had a beer and walked home and enjoyed the rest of my evening!

Off to see another show this evening, I know 4 shows in two weeks I'm going MAD.

But tonight we're going to see "The Bad Seed - The Musical" based on the movie by the same name.

On an exciting note, I got a phone call the other night from a friend I've not seen/talked to in several years. We met all the way back in 1989 when I was just a young boy sneaking into gay bars where they didn't check ID's. This friend of mine was actually a friend of my first ever boyfriend and he lives close to where I grew up in NE PA.

He is in Chicago for a conference and looked me up in the phone book (see, I knew having a listed number would come to some good.) so he's going to go to dinner with us before the show and then go to the Theater.

It should be a big Gay Night.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I hate people who are rude like that. I just wanna smack 'em. I ususally get by with just giving them a nasty look back!

Sounds like you are going to have loads of fun this weekend!