Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Have you ever run across a blog that you just don’t believe? One that you feel is so contrived that it actually has a storyline and a plot? One that you swear is a movie script?

Sometimes I wonder when I read some of these blogs if they really are someone’s “screenplay” and they’re just telling a story? What a great way to get feedback and comments, so you can hone your story a little bit.

I’ve been reading this blog about a woman who is attempting to get pregnant and/or adopt a baby, whichever comes first she’s going to take.

It’s the strangest thing because she posts of how things are going well, she’s so excited, she’s all happy…and then a few days pass and suddenly she’s postinga about how she had this allergic reaction and didn’t go to the hospital (DRAMA), how she was poisoned by the drugs she was taking so that she could make herself lactate and she made a point of saying it was 4:00 am.

I got to thinking, you can adjust the time/date that you upload an entry so you could be typing at 2:00 in the afternoon and “say” it’s 3:00 in the morning, who’s to know?!?

It’s just so strange because the whole story is just so dramatic that it doesn’t seem real.

But then I sit and think, “Oh my god what if this is real?”

4 comments:

Kat said...

I guess just sit back and enjoy the drama!

BTW, what happened to your blog?

Ms Mac said...

Yes, I have seen blogs like that and I am afraid I am way too much of a cynical witch to believe them. Also, I have met a few crazy people in my time for whom everything is a freakin' drama. I suspect this woman is one of those emotionally unstable people as well!

Have no time for them.

Fish said...

Hi Michael - re the dummies, I'm not sure what you have in your mouth in the photo on your profile (looks like a frog in a plastic bag) so I'm sure it wouldn't look any odder! : )

Michael Lehet said...

I don't know what happened to it...I updated something and it was working and then...blech!

"Fish" what I have in my mouth is a barbie doll that was on top of my birthday cake