Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Changing Things Up


Dining Room
Originally uploaded by Michael_L.
I've been doing a lot of traveling the last few weeks so this weekend I'm home.....and I'm gonna change things up a bit at the house.

I've lived in my apartment for 4 years now, and it looks almost exactly the same as when I moved in. I was not allowed to decorate my apartment at that time because unlike most gay boys, I did not get the "designer gene". My friends actually made me sign a rider on my lease that stated I would not attempt to decorate on my own.

I very rarely use my dining room so I've decided to change things up a little bit....keep posted as I'll show you the finished product (hopefully after the weekend).

8 comments:

Kat said...

Yay! I love redecorating and watching others redecorate too!

Rob7534 said...

It's look AS-IS, you didn't get the designer gene, my ass!

But I can't wait to see what you do with the space!

CanadianSwiss said...

That'll be fun. Hope to take lot's of picts during the metamorphosis ;-)

The Big Finn said...

I love the "yard sale find" on the wall. I saw it in a previous post of yours a while back, and I remember thinking back then that it was pretty cool. If you're planning to get rid of it let me know - maybe I'll buy it from you and arrange to pick it up the next time I'm in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

that's a cool piece of art on the wall. what is it made of?? And if you chose that then iwould say your designer gene is FINE.

Michael Lehet said...

Rob - Really, I can't decorate, I'm not allowed.

TBF - Nice try but I don't think it will fit in an overhead compartment.... : -)

XM - It's all individual pieces of wood that are screwed/glued together.

Andrea Knapp said...

Can you tell TBF that I have dibs on that yard sale !!!!!!

I can't wait to see what it looks like!

(I tried commenting yesterday but for some reason I couldn't get it!!)

Karen said...

You didn't get the designer gene? Please hand in your membership ....