Monday, May 01, 2006

Thank goodness for women's underwear

Because I was really concerned that I was going to have to ask my traveling companion if I could borrow a pair of hers.....fortunately my baggage arrived at the airport around 7:45 pm EST last night, but didn't make it to the hotel until sometime after 10:30 when I last called to see if it had been delivered.

When I woke up at 7:00 I called downstairs and lo and behold it was here, so needless to say I was very happy to "unpack" my clothes and my toothbrush.

Let's just say that if you're traveling (as I will be doing in the future) always take somethings in your carryon, even if it's just a small toiletrie bag, I went to the "Gift Shop" yesterday to get a few things and guess how much it cost me? Go ahead, get your abacus or calculator out because you'll need it.

I bought three things, three things that I felt were essential....a toothbrush....some toothpaste....and deodorant. Conveniently the "gift shop" had these items....and they just happened to be in the mini-travel size, what a convenience. Well yes I thought it was a convenience until the girl started keying numbers into the register (Thirty-two Oh Nine,Thirty-two Oh Nine,Thirty-two Oh Nine,Thirty-two Oh Nine - If you can name that movie you're my new best friend) and she rung up $2.99, $3.99 and $3.99 at first I thought she was going to look at me and say "April Fools" but instead she said "That'll be $11.52 please" and she did it in that nice southern accent so how could I be mad at her. Now remember, these are travel size items (except for the toothbrush) if I had bought these things at Target or even the Walgreen's it wouldn't have cost me more than $4.00......$12 for 3 items but what was I supposed to do?! I had no idea when I was going to get my baggage. I took a picture of them (next to a soda can for reference and I'll post when I upload my pictures.)

So a lesson learned that's for sure....oh yeah and I did one other stupid thing yesterday. I lost my only piece of Coach Leather....The Boyfriend had bought me a magnetic leather money clip, and when I went through security yesterday I forgot to pick it back up.....along with the $46 that was inside of it. I called TSA "lost and found" but I have a feeling it's been lost for good....shhhhh don't tell The Boyfriend he'll be really mad at me that I lost a piece of Coach!

8 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

Good to hear you got your luggage back. Bad for the prices youpaid for the few articles you bought. Good for the prices, because had you bought that in Switzerland, you'd have to double it!
And I haven't head ANYTHING about a lost money clip :-)

Robin said...

Thank goodness you won't have to wear panties. Imagine the wedgies...

I once paid $18 for 9 Sudafed pills at Disney. Not even an even number of doses. I never got that.

Anonymous said...

those places are a rip off. Oh, and is that from Rain Man??

Kat said...

I loved Rain Man, but it's been so long I wouldn't recognize if that is the movie it was from. Definately a good movie. Definately.

Sorry your trip is off to such a bumpy start. I hope today was much better! :)

Michael Lehet said...

Nope...not rain man!

Anonymous said...

i am stumped.. but then again i can never remember movie things! But now I have missed out on best friendship *sob*

Rob7534 said...

They always charge us that unaccounted for "convienience" fee. Like when I go to White Hen store at 3am for a can of Chef Boi R Dee and they charge me $3.59! Sucks... but they have me by my short and curlies cause I get mad cravings at 3am and no one else is open!

Gretchen said...

Hey, those sound like Switzerland prices! Oops, did Canadian Swiss already say that?