Saturday, May 13, 2006

Eatin' in Vegas

Tradeshows can be a bit overwhelming, in fact for the 3 days that I was in Vegas, I only left the hotel ONCE. We were scheduled from 7:30 in the morning until late in the evening with dinners so there wasn't alot of free time : -(

But the one good thing about tradeshows is they feed the hell out of you. You might as well strap a feedbag on your head!

Tuesday night when I got there, I met my co-worker and we had a great dinner at RM Seafood in the hotel. We each had a glass of wine, a small salad and crab cakes (quite yummy) the bill was over $100!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

That's the problem with Vegas now, it's not cheap. Anywhere you go, it's expensive to eat, so you've just got to suck it up and do it.

On Tuesday Night we had dinner at Trattoria del Lupo (again in the hotel) but this was a dinner event so it was "on the house" here was our menu:

Insalata - chopped vegetable salad with provolone and mustard vinaigrette (it was just ok)
Pasta - rigatoni with tuscan meatball and oregano (there was also a dab of ricotta, quite yummy)
Seconod Piatto (choice of) - grilled prime rib eye steak "diavola" with mascarpone potatoe puree or Seared Atlantic Salmon with wild mushrooms and leeds (I had the ribeye, it was a little fatty)
Dolce - vanilla creme brulee (so good I wanted to steal my neighbors).

I stepped on the scale and it said I weighed less now than I did two weeks ago....suddenly I don't trust my scale!

Oh and check out this receipt I found in the ATM machine, check out that available balance:


I hope the baby had food at least!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh... that's sad...

CanadianSwiss said...

I don't trust scales. All I trust are when my clothes start to feel tighter than they should.