Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Crack Tax?

Ok, the folks in Tennessee must really be on Crack.

Apparently last year they instituted a Crack Tax that brought in more than $2.0MM USD last year.

The basis is Drug Dealers are supposed to pay taxes on their wares, somehow they're able to pay their taxes confidentially and they get a stamp......and all of the money goes to help fighting drugs.

But here's the funny part, if someone gets busted for selling drugs and they DON'T have the stamp they get busted for not paying taxes either.

This has got to be the craziest thing I've heard in a long time.

LINK

6 comments:

Xmichra said...

I know of a few gals back in Tennessee.. you guys, cover your eyes..

But DAMN are they all kin-folk?? That is the craziest thing I have EVER read.

CanadianSwiss said...

Wow! Can't get much crazier than that!

Kat said...

Ok, I live here and your link went to my favorite news channel and I've never heard of that!

Damn we are weird.

Michael Lehet said...

Well that's probably good you've not heard of it Kat!

Karen said...

Ah! The first step towards legalisation ... and the States thinks that we Canadians are liberal! Who would've thunk?

Michael Lehet said...

Karen - you know I hadn't even thought of that reason....hmmmm....