Saturday, January 21, 2006

Everyone's Awake

So we got some snow last night, not as much as they had originally anticipated but the ground is covered it's all so pretty.

Well it was pretty until our stupid maintenance man came at 7:35 am on a Saturday morning to use the gas powered snow blower to clean off the sidewalks. I should say that we live in a courtyard building, so ALL of our bedrooms face the courtyard.

Now I can understand the need to clean off the sidewalks and make sure they're clean because you don't want liability issues, but to come out at 7:35 on a Saturday morning and run your loud-ass snow blower for 20 minutes to clean an inch of snow?!?

Believe me you, if the shoe was on the other hand the cops would have been called and knocking on my door if I had bass booming music playing at 7:35 on a Saturday morning disturbing ALL of my neighbors.

Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep in this morning.....bastards!

7 comments:

Xmichra said...

I always thought the same thing. we used to live in that style of appartment in the city.. and in the summer. The landlord would whip out his lawnmower at 7am on Saturdays. i hated that.. and thought the same damn thing.

Ms Mac said...

Charming! But I'll let you into a little secret, that's what life is like with the Swiss!

Kat said...

He's just pissed cuz he had to work on a Saturday so he shared the misery.

Tati said...

Be thankful it was just an inch of snow - otherwise, the snow blower would have ruined your afternoon nap as well ;-)

CanadianSwiss said...

I second Ms. Mac - Switzerland is not known to sleep in on a Saturday. Although Sundays is another story!

Rob7534 said...

The HORROR Michael! :)

I could not sleep in on Saturday either, I had rehearsal, and a wedding! Sometimes the str8's can be so inconvienient!

The Big Finn said...

You were lucky! My sister said they got about a foot of snow in Barrington!