Friday, April 28, 2006

A Grand Unveiling

Well a friend of a friend of mine is having a grand unveiling this evening. For years and years this guy has worn a hair piece.....now it's not one of those really tacky ones that you can tell is a hairpiece but still it's a hair piece. I guess he felt a bit insecure without it, since I have all of my hair I don't know he feels but I'm sure it could make you feel pretty bad.

Well......after years and years of this, and everyone basically knowing that he was wearing a toupee he decided to go hair free. This past weekend he went to a stylist had the piece removed and shaved his head.

So tonight is the great "unveiling" and I'm excited to see him...he was a good looking man with the piece so I'm sure he's a good looking man without it.

At least he won't have to worry about this anymore:

And why is it that for a woman it's called a wig but for men it's called a toupee?!? It's the same thing right?

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Oh, tell me who it is? Do I know them?

*thinks of Art/Tom/Dave*

*then thinks perhaps not*

They have perfect hair.......

Xmichra said...

My husband shaved his head this week. i have been meaning to post about that...

Tati said...

Great pic!

I think it's quite courageous of him to just shave his head - in the end, he'll probably be much happier with it anyhow. Hair is a bother, either way you look at it ;-)

CanadianSwiss said...

I say: Reveal the bald spot instead of hiding it with a low-class rug.

BTW, there is a difference between a wig and a toupee. A wig is a piece that covers the whole head, whereas the toupee is a small hairpiece that covers only partial baldness.