Monday, April 17, 2006

This saddens me

LINK

This is the saddest thing I've seen in quite sometime. The reverend (if you even want to call him that) phelps hates homosexuals. That's his "right" I guess, anyone can hate anyone in the world they want to.

The way that he and his "church" get their word out about their hatred is by protesting at funerals for soliders who were killed in war. They're "idea" is that America supports homosexuality and therefore any solider that dies in the name of America supports homosexuality and therefore it's a reason for them to picket.

This is the diritiest, most disgusting thing that I've come across.

What I find interesting is that the "church" and the "reverend" is basically phelps and his family, only about 75 members...what's more interesting is why does the media report on these types of things other than to give them more ammunition...what if everyone just ignored the phelpses...wouldn't it be nice if they would then just wither up and die.

8 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

That may be one of the most disgusting things I have read.

Anonymous said...

Didn't something like this happen at "Mr Rodgers" funeral because he refused to comment either way on homosexuality? (I seem to recall being told about that).

I really don't understand how these people can sleep at night. Its really shameful.

Ditsy
~ http://www.ditsy-bint.co.uk

CanadianSwiss said...

Not only sad, but it makes me sick to my stomach. Where are we going to. Why can't we just enjoy each other's company, "Live and let Live", and maybe learn from the differences while we're at it? Is that soooo damn difficult?

Kat said...

I'm not going to the link because I am in a good mood and it will probably piss me off. Sounds more like a cult than a church from what you said. I agree with you about ignoring them. They are just out for attention.

I think we should ship them to Mexico.

Mark said...

I have nothing against religion. Everybody is allowed to his "freedom" of religion as long as (to my personal opinion) it does not judge other religions and ways of living. As you must know by now I certainly have nothing against gays. Amongst our dearest friends we have gays and I can only say they are the best!

Maybe the Phelps & Co should go to Iraq and "promote" their religion there. My guess is it won't take long before we have heard the last from them then. Maybe we could send them some Danish T-Shirts?? :-)

Anonymous said...

okay, you know what i think about this (just disgusting), but i don't get it. What i mean, is I don't get their method of protest. If you are in dissacord of gay people, then target gay people. not a funeral. Regardless of the person being burried... it shouldn't make a difference.

See, this is why cults are looked at as crazy. you take an already stupid idea (hating gay people) combine it with an even dumber idea (the idea that the army and it's deliverants are fighting for gay people because the states doesn't outlaw being gay) and exicute it into the most idiotic spectacle (the picket at a funeral).

This is why I am all for anti-freeze flavoured Kool-aid. Let their god sort 'em out.

Mrs. TBF said...

I'm with Kat!!! I'm not even going to grace that link with my presence! People like the rev are so deluded and just impose their crap on free-minded people.
I've been off work for the past 5 days and don't want to ruin my last few hours enjoyment with a-holes like the rev.

clew said...

Michael, you know by now I am a Christian. But I am by no means a zealot pharisee. God made us all and He loves us all. Phelps needs to tend his own garden instead of bellowing about everyone else's - he's obviously got some serious serious spiritual problems of his own.