Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lighters, Anniversaries and Greenville

Next week I'm going to Greenville, SC for a week-long conference...anyone in that area want to meet up and take me out and show me the sights...oh wait, I was there last year and I saw all of them. It's a really pretty downtown area and I'm looking forward to going on some little "walks" on the main drag.

So I'm leaving Sunday morning and The Boyfriend is leaving Friday night to go to Madison, WI for a drum corps camp (later this year we're going to a Nationals or Finals or something for Drum Corp up in Madison and they've gotten a group of "seniors" together and they're doing a special performance so he's going up to practice this weekend.)

But what this all leads up to is.....this weekend is our Two Year Anniversary....and neither one of us are going to be in town.....that sort of sucks doesn't it?

Well to make up for it, we went to our most fav restaurant Francesca's on Bryn Mawr (Andi & George have been there, they can vouch for it) for a nice little dinner. I got The Boyfriend a nice cigarette case and a fancy little lighter to celebrate the moment.....and he got me a trip to NYC. I swear, he's always trying to outdo me....but that's ok, I guess that's the reason I love him so.

We're going to NYC in November which should be perfect time, as long as it's not cold and rainy, and since we're going to be there for 4 days I figured I'd better start catching up on my Broadway so I can carry on an intelligent conversation with people when we get there.

So I checked out Playbill Online to see what's "hot" on Broadway (considering I was very teary eyed when I found out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang closed the end of February), and what did I find but THIS can you believe that they made a musical out of that?

In the old days the musicals used to come out on the stage FIRST and then they made the movie of it, but now it seems as though the movie comes out first and it "inspires" a musical (Hairspray, Billy Elliot, The Full Monty, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Producers, Spamalot) I guess Broadway is running out of ideas....oh well, they'll just start reviving the old stuff like Cat's, Les Mis and Miss Saigon.

Anywhoo.....I'm tres excited about going to NY again, the last time I was there was 4 years ago for a short weekend, but when I was just a wee sprout of a teenager I used to go all the time.....Plus The Boyfriend used to live there, so we're going to be dangerous and go up to Brooklyn, can you imagine?!

6 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Yeah Happy Anniversary to you both!

and I am totally going to see Dave in the Drum Corps some day!

Kat said...

I've wanted to go to New York since I was a teenager! Especially in the winter. I'm sooooo jealous!

Kat said...

oops. I left off Happy Anniversary! :)

Rob7534 said...

Happy Anniversary! They'll make a musical out of anything now-a-days!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! I am such a chicken.. i would be way to affraid to go to New York. But then i grew up in small towns, and I find Edmonton to be large.

CanadianSwiss said...

Happy anniversary! I'm jealous, too. I'd love to go to New York!