Tuesday, April 11, 2006

** S I G H **

Ok, let's give out a collective sigh....doesn't that feel better?

So here was my Monday morning:

I work in a four story building with an elevator, when we get here in the morning I take the elevator because I don't feel like climbing 4 flights of stairs first thing in the morning, that's just way too much exercise first thing in the morning. So picture this, we're waiting for the slowest elevator in the world to come, we all pile in and when the door is 3-quarters of the way shut and arm comes jutting through the remaining opening to cause the door to spring back. In walks a woman clumsily juggling a single cup of coffee and nothing else, and proceeds to push the button for Floor #2, yes this perfectly capable woman couldn't walk up one flight of stairs. In fact we have a lot of people like that here...ugh!

Get to my desk and listen to two hard of hearing women having a discussion. One of the women is telling the other how she should go to the Salvation Army to get money to pay her gas bill, because that's what she did.....ugh! Then she tells her that she should go to this other charity to get assistance paying her mortgage....even more ugh! Oh, and these are not young women with a bunch of children.

9 comments:

Ms Mac said...

How dare these people be so annoying on a Monday morning. Want me to come over and beat you an idiot-free path from home to your desk every morning? Coz that's a job I could do with ease!

ads510 said...

that is one of my biggest pet peeves--when people take the elevator to the second floor. when i was in college, i lived on the sixth floor of the dorm, but the elevator only went up to the fifth floor (random, I know), so I ALWAYS had to walk a flight of stairs, but there were always those asses who'd get on the ground floor and go up one.

Kat said...

I hate people like those two women you were talking about. People like that make it hard for people who really need help. It pisses me off.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they do it for a laugh. Not that i think it funny.. oh hell no. But i have a friend who would do that!!

Michael Lehet said...

XM - Oh no, they're not doing it for fun that's for sure!

Karen said...

I sense some recurring themes in your blogs about the office ....

Michael Lehet said...

Karen - Oh No! That's not good!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love your new picture!!

CanadianSwiss said...

I hate those people who still beg at charities when they don't really need it! I'm not sure I could have controlled my mouth, had I overheard that!