Sunday, April 23, 2006

Office Supply Whore

I can't explain it, but I love office supplies! I've been doing very well lately, keeping my acquisitions in check, but a few weeks ago I got a $10 off coupon from Office Max I only had to spend $20 and they'd give me $10 back, so I figured if I did it right, I could get a 50% discount on something I've been coveting.

So what did I decide on? A long reach stapler....a long reach stapler, what's that you ask? It's a stapler that lets you staple up to 12" from the edge of a page or a better way to look at it is, I can now print a "booklet" on 11"x17" paper and staple the middle of the pages like a real book!

I know I'm a dork!

Oh yeah, and I also got a "retractable" hi-lighter, but the only problem is, I can't think of the last time I actually used a hi-lighter...but hey it was cool and there's no cap to lose!

7 comments:

Kat said...

My kid needs the retractable highlighter, she never gets the lid on good.

I WANT that stapler. Not sure I'd ever use it, but damn, it's cool!

Anonymous said...

I would use a retractable highlighter every day!! I am totally in love with office supplies too.. it's like staples is to me what disney world is to everyone else. heh.

Andrea Knapp said...

Yep, me too! and you could make your own booklet? You could do the Mad Media of Michael and mail them out to people on a monthly basis (if they sent you a prepaid envelope!!!!!! which of course, I would!!!)

Michael Lehet said...

I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

Andi - Don't give me any ideas!!!!

Mrs. TBF said...

OMG - I love office supplies..and guess what...I worked for an office supply manufacturer before TBF and I moved to Basel. And, if I'm not mistaken (it's hard to see because I can't make the photo bigger for some reason)that's a Swingline stapler you've got there...the very company I used to work for made and owned the Swingline brand!!!

Dottie Jo said...

As an OfficeMax employee - I think you for shopping at OMax and not Staples!!! I'm ignoring Xmichra's comment! :-)

Found your blog through Globe of Blogs...

Michael Lehet said...

Mrs. TBF - I hope working there was as exciting as it could be : -)

Dottie Jo - Thank you for stopping by. I hope you come back and visit often!