Thursday, July 27, 2006

4 AM Drama!

Sometimes, if I drink too much before I go to bed (WATER I mean, not booze) I may have to get up in the middle of the night to relive the built up tension, so I always try to limit my intake of liquids after 7 pm, just to make the night go more smoothly.

Well this morning at 3:55 am, I woke up and knew I had to go to the bathroom...damn! As I'm walking to the bathroom in a daze I realize that it's awfully quiet in the apartment....as I'm walking back to bed I suddenly realized WHY it was so quiet....The A/C had tripped the circuit breaker!

Damn Damn Double Damn!

Now, I've got a big A/C unit in my window, about 6000 BTU, that puppy keeps my apartment cooled down to comfortable temps for me. The only time I've ever flipped the circuit breaker is if I try to run the dishwasher and A/C at the same time (which makes sense) and one time when I turned the AC off and didn't wait the requiste 3 minutes to do so (when it says wait three minutes before turning back on, they mean it).

The problem is, the circut breakers are not in my apartment....no, I've got to go down four flights of the back stairs, break into our grimy basement and find the breaker box...but to do all of this, I had to put clothes and shoes on!

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck! So now was I not only awake, but I was dressed and awake at 4:00 am. I knew I had to go reset the circut breaker otherwise it would be stifiling in a few hours.

So I threw on the clothes, grabbed my flashlight and trudged down the back steps. My neighbor on the 2nd floor was in the shower, so at least I wasn't the only one that was awake - I wonder if he gets up that early everyday? I entered the basement and cried out and did a little dance to scare any possible rats away (you never know, it is a basement afterall) found the breaker box and reset the circuit.

By the time I got back to bed I was fully awake, I'm gonna wake up in 2 hours, should I just stay up? Fortunately I was able to get back to sleep.

So I wonder, did I really have to pee or did I wake up because the A/C went off? Oh and guess who slept through the whole mess?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.... i pitty you!!! too hot is terrible! and the switch thing is just pissy!

The Big Finn said...

During the hot weather (we being w/o air condo), I drink liters of liquid during the day to keep from dehydrating. Inevitably, that means that I'll have to wake up between 2:30 and 4:00 A.M. to "squeeze the weasel". I actually enjoy that time of night. I struggle out of bed, do the old-man waddle (bad knees) out of the bedroom to the toilet, sit there (I was raised to sit when I pee) thinking am I really on the toilet or am I stille asleep and dreaming and really peeing in the bed, and then doing the one-minute shake to avoid leaving a trail back to the sweet-ass-sweet bed.
Wow! All this takes place in the middle of the nigh, and I manage not to wake up Mrs. TBFt? Who knew?

Michael Lehet said...

And they say that we boys don't have fun!

TBF - That is the funniest f*ckin thing I have read in ages!

CanadianSwiss said...

Mwahaahahaha! I agree with your comment!

Anonymous said...

First of all... I share your pain about the A/C blowing circuit breakers, then having to traipse down three flights of stairs to the disgusting basement to flip the switch. I've done it many times, and have hated it each and every time.

Second... I thought I was the only person that said "Fuckity Fuck!" I guess I'm not. :)