Friday, July 28, 2006

Popularity is Fleeting


Well I guess the old adage is true....popularity is fleeting!

As you may recall, earlier this week I posted my apartment on Craigslist to see if I could find someone willing sublet my apartment. I thought an innovative way of doing that would be to build a blog page - pictures, text all the gory details.

Along with that I used my Site Meter to track the traffic.

I posted the ad about 8:00 pm on Tuesday and got 33 hits that day. The following day I 90 hits with 7 return visitors, WOW! But by Thursday the excitement had faded, I had dropped to only 28 hits, and only 4 return visitors, today I'm sad to report that it's only been 9 - and one of those was me showing it to someone here at work.

Oh well, at least I can say "I WAS popular" at one time!

1 comment:

Rob7534 said...

Fame is cruel bitch! How we hate her, yet can't live without her.