Thursday, July 06, 2006

How Gay Am I?

So my friend J that I work with moved a few weeks ago. He just moved 4 blocks directly east of where he used to live, but in so doing it totally altered our "morning drive to work ritual."

Before he would meet me on the way into work and I would drop him off right in front of his house, well now I can't easily get to his house (becuase of one way streets) and he has to meet me at the car every morning - which has turned out to be a problem.

Well you're probably saying "Well if you ride to work together, wouldn't he know where you park the car at night?" Typically I drop him off at the gym and THEN park my car so he doesn't know where it is to meet me in the morning.

So I've taken to calling him the night before and giving him the cars coordinates...we've had a few "incidences" where he hasn't understood (or I didn't explain clearly enough) where the car was, which caused us to be late to work (please we're in the car for 10 minutes, we're not that late).

So I made up this map of the neighborhood and where I park the car. So now when I call him to tell him where the car is, I just have to say "Premium - RED" or "Sub-Prime Green"

I even laminated it for him so he can use a grease pencil to mark the location.

I know, I'm so gay!

6 comments:

Tati said...

I think it's a great idea, actually :-))

Kat said...

That's so funny. But really, a great idea.

gammagoblin said...

I thought you were going to say something about parking in the pink area all the time or something. Good idea though :)

Michael Lehet said...

Gamma - The Pinka Stinka! We don't go there!

gammagoblin said...

The pink area stinks? lol oh youre gay alright arent you :P Its not that bad, you should try it sometime, you might like it :)

Karen said...

Great map! A friend and I used to co-own a car (we lived about six blocks apart) and we would constantly be leaving each other phone messages saying things like "I left the car half way down your street, outside the red/blue/white house with the yappy dog/cat/kid/etc." Maybe instituting a map system would have been cleverer!