Thursday, July 06, 2006

In Pursuit of a Suit - Part IV

Another great thing about being on the perimeter, we were the first to get served…ha ha! Closer to the bar AND food first? Not so bad being on the outside looking in, huh? By the time dessert came around we were getting really full, we hoped that it would be something light and fluffy, why was it taking so long? Oh they were serving dessert from the inside out? WHAT they’re changing the routine now? At Dessert? The most important part of the meal, I couldn’t believe it. From the time we “saw” dessert until we got it was about 20 minutes, we were all going mad for the plate of cookies and ooooohhhhh Ice Cream with strawberry sauce, so yummy.

The strangest thing though….it wasn’t Ice Cream, it was vanilla and it looked like ice cream but it wasn’t. It was a mix between ice cream and really really stiff Cool Whip. It wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t room temperature either. It didn’t melt in your mouth, it sort of half dissolved but needed to be chewed. We were all certain that it was made with chemical waste because goodness knows there couldn’t be anything natural in that stuff. I mean dessert was delivered to us at 9:50 and at 10:18 the stuff still had not melted. We were timing it to see how long it would actually take, but when our backs were turned getting another cocktail the Bus Boy cleared the table and took our uneaten dessert with him. We were never actually able to find out what was in that stuff……

The Boyfriend had the opportunity to meet the Alderman and shake his hand, but was quickly whisked away when he asked how he felt about Gay Marriage, the Alderman had never heard of such a thing!

The Boyfriend gave us a 10 minute warning, I looked to my table mate and said "I think we can have another drink, what do you think?" Well when I walked up the bartender he looked at me and said "A Pair of 7's Sir?" I tipped him $5....but then I thought, oh my goodness how much have I had to drink, I've only been here two hours.

Even with the 10 minute warning the Party was just getting started because the invitation said “Dancing from 9:00 to 12:00” I mean hey, they had a DJ and everything. We worked our way over to the dance floor and joined in while they were doing that line dance “1 2 Step” The really ghetto one where the guy says “Step to the Left…Now step to the right….stomp 3 times….cha cha cha” Well since I’m not a dancer, we danced for a few minutes to amuse the ladies and we headed out of there!

Actually after seeing some of the people there, I didn’t have to invest in a suit at all, I could have gone in my jogging pants.

If you'd like to look at the pictures from this evening, CLICK HERE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you rockin' the pin stripes!! WHY WERE YOU WORRIED AT ALL!!!
You and Dave look great, and the co-ordinated ties was super cute.
Oh, and incase you nave never been a bartender (don't know if you have or not) but we generaly remember what the good tippers, and the nice people are drinking. .. so you may not have drank all that much by the time he knew what your drink was.

Kat said...

You two did look nice! How weird about the dessert stuff.

Michael Lehet said...

XM - Oh I wasn't worried, I just like to play a good game! {wink}

Kat - Thank you....yes the dessert was the most stressful part of the meal!

Rob7534 said...

That two step NOTHING! HA!

Thats the Cha Cha Cha - Electric Slide! I LOVE doing that. Great fun, for about 5 minutes, then it gets old.