Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Complications

Complications

Thank goodness last week I was able to fly downtown and have a nice quiet lunch with The Boyfriend at Corner Bakery, because that’s not gonna happen this week.

The way the Holidays are falling this year, we’re having two 4-day weekends, I had last Friday off and The Boyfriend had to work so I went downtown to meet him for lunch. It’s a treat I always enjoy because I get to do something special with him (I hope he feels the same way). So this week we were going to go shopping for a New Year’s Eve frock for me and it’s turned into this huge hullabaloo that’s gonna stress me out all day.

A very good friend of mine wanted to get together for lunch because he has the day off as well, so I said sure, we can both meet The Boyfriend for lunch and do some shopping, have a girls+plus afternoon. A friend of mine invited me to do something on Friday and I said, “I’m sorry, but I’ve got this other commitment…blah…blah…blah…and he says, “Oh that would be great, I’d love to do that with you.”

I think I need to set up a schedule and a list of talking points for the afternoon, I’m gonna have my handsful!

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

I used to have that happen all the time. You plan for something simple and you get pulled in by not being able to postpone others. Hope you end up with a good frock anyways!! Good luck! (and definately post pics!!)

Rob7534 said...

Yay for Frocks!!

What's the occasion? A New Years in Drag? Where and when :)

Kat said...

Well, that's what you get for being such a nice person! :)

SwissTwist said...

sounds like a great day out to me! enjoy... and show up pics... and send me a cappuccino and ...... oh yes.. don't stress!!!

Michael Lehet said...

My camera is always in my purse, I mean Murse and ready to go at a moments notice (well as long as it takes to turn on), so I'll be taking lots of pictures.

The Boyfriend bought a beautiful Velvet Jacket so I have to get something half as good so I don't look twice as bad as I normally do for New Year's Eve...no drag...just a party!

Swiss - I'll send you a cappuccino