Friday, December 30, 2005

That Boyfriend is gonna be the end of me


New Years Eve Costume
Originally uploaded by mlehet.
The other day The Boyfriend came over and he was carrying this big "suit" bag from Neiman Marcus or something like that....he proceeds to pull out a beautiful velvet jacket - an amazing dark red/burgundy.

Bastard, now I've got nothing to wear!

We had a girls day out today to find an outfit for me for New Year's Eve.

I told The Boyfriend, find me something and I'll buy it.....so after a pizza buffet lunch (which was quite yummy) we tackled Marshall Field's on State Street with all of the suburbanites who were in "to get the sale." Lots of things on sale, but not great sales if you know what I mean.

The Boyfriend found this great velvet pinstriped jacket and got mad at me when I told him I didn't want to wear a plain "color" shirt, I've gotta have some jazz if you know what I mean. So we found this ensemble (minus the pants and shoes) and it only cost me $160, not bad for a frock eh?

I hope that you have a wonderful and exciting New Year's Eve and that you get to spend it with people you want to. If you're spending it with people you don't like, then it's your big excuse to get drunk!

Whatever you do, be safe, be sane and don't drink and drive, we need you around for 20-06!

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

You look amazing their Michael. Tell the boyfriend he has impeccable taste. Have great new years!

Nickle Annie said...

You look fab, darlink! Love, love, love the new glasses by the way!

SwissTwist said...

Wishing you and the The Boyfriend a fabulous New Years Eve ! Post a pic of the two of you together with your jackets, sounds like a perfect couple combo :)

Schönes Fest!

Karen said...

Ooooo ... a lovely frock indeed! Happy New Year Michael -- party in style!
- Karen

Robin said...

Woo-hoo you look hot! Have a great time tonight! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!