Friday, December 16, 2005

March of the Penguins

Have you seen March of the Penguins?

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you add it to your NetFlix queue or run down to Target and buy a copy for Christmas.

I seem to enjoy documentaries more so lately, I guess because I want to get something out of a movie other than 2 hours of wasted time.

March is an amazing tale and when you finish you'll just shake your head and want to hit the play button again. The things that these penguins go through to survive is totally amazing.

I saw this article today and right away based on my new found knowledge, I was able to answer why those penguins were getting fat....you'll be able to figure it out after you've seen the movie too and you won't need to be a zoologist either.

Check out the movie, if your animal lover you'll truly enjoy it (except for the sad parts). But keep this in the back of your mind while you're watching it.....someone (a human) was there to film this - that's an amazing feat unto itself!

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

I went to see this on my own a while back! It WAS amazing! But Michael, have you seen "The Story of the Weeping Camel"? That is better than the penguin film so that's saying something!

If you watch it and don't like it I'll never recommend anothe film - EVER!

Do it.

Xmichra said...

We are going to rent it over x-mas. It was on our family list of things to do!! I cant wait.

Lex said...

Oh why yes I have seen it. Once in the Theatre and bought it the day it came out on DVD.

I have since seen it and the bonus film Of Penguins and Men more times than I can count now.

I have always loved Penguins, but when this came out I lost it and went Penguin crazy.

Everywhere I go if I see a (Stuffed) Penguin I buy it. I have had one person send me one from as far away as Belgium and some more are coming from Maine.

Penguins are magnificent. I commend them for the way they live, love, and well learn.

I'm a Penguin freak.

Xmichra said...

I saw this on Sunday, and my gods what a great film!! I thought my hard headed husband was going to either a) berate the movie all the way through, or b)fall asleep.. but he was right in it too saying 'oh my god' and staring in complete disbelief of these amazing creatures.

I just can not believe what a hard life they have.. and how much they enjoy thier time. It's a message that really calls out, especially if you feel like you are hard done by.