Friday, December 16, 2005

Dreams

I have been having the most bizarre dreams as of late (due to the medication I'm taking - in fact my Doctor told me that the only reason he has taken anyone off of this drug is becuase some people just can't handle the dreams).

Now I dream all the time, or at least I think I do, but typcially I don't remember them. Or I remember them when I first wake up but shortly after if I don't try to 'recall' the dream I'll quickly forget about it. But lately I have been dreaming up a storm, like all night long.

It really is bizarre and I can understand why some people would be freaked out by this but it's sort of interesting. In fact the other morning I had a dream in those 9 minutes of the snooze on the alarm clock, typically I'm half awake during that time period anyway and don't dream but recently I have been - freaky!

Have you ever had recurring dreams? I have had those for quite some time, I wouldn't say so much recurring as a continuation of the last dream, not like I had the same dream over and over again (falling off a cliff) but perhaps I'll be in the same building or same car as I've been before and it seems to pick up where I left off before.

I seem to have two recurring "theme" dreams - one is about a house/apartment buildings and the other is about vehicles, specifically school busses.

Now I've not had the School Bus dream in a few years, but lately I've been having a lot of apartment/house dreams...

I think I should start recording my thoughts first thing when I wake up, perhaps there might be a movie in there.

In fact last night I remember part of my dream I was with two people I didn't know - or don't know yet - and I told them I had a movie idea but I was going to share it with them later.....damn why would I do that?

I hope I can finish that dream later!

2 comments:

Kat said...

You should definately write down your dreams. As soon as you wake. Keep a notebook by your bed.

Then share with us, of course! ;)

Xmichra said...

I just looked this up in my dream dictonary.. so sorry if this is long.. don't know if it will help any either, but it;s interesting!!

House

To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc.

To dream that you are cleaning your house, signifies your need to clear out your thoughts and getting rid of old ways. You are seeking self-improvement.

To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking.

To dream that your house is broken into, suggests that you are feeling violated. It may refer to a particular relationship or current situation in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that some unconscious material is attempting to make itself known. There are some aspects of yourself that you have denied.

To dream of a haunted house, signifies unfinished emotional business, related to your childhood family, dead relatives, or repressed memories and feelings.


Bus

To dream that you are waiting for a bus, indicates a temporary setback in achieving your personal goals.

To dream that you are at the bus station, suggests that you have reached some new level or stage in your emotional or physical life.

To dream that you are riding a bus, implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and are taking no control over where your life is taking.

To dream that you are in a bus accident, signifies that you will find yourself in an embarrassing situation. Your finances will be effected in an adverse way causing your much frustration.