Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A Possible Project

I got a phone call from a friend last night about a video project, which excited me because I am currently "running on empty." As you may recall, back in the end of May I made the Birthday Movie for my friend and since then I've not been working on anything.

It's funny, I've found after I work on a project I just have to let everything go in regards to video editing. I don't play with anything for about a month and then I go back to it refreshed, I think it helps clear my mind.

So, I got a phone call from a friend last night, but this needs a little background.

About a year and a half ago, this guy I know was planning on participating in a Bike Marathon to raise money for AIDS. We were talking one day and he was telling me how he was going to be having these "informational" sessions to get people to ride or donate, so we started talking about how he could do this. I suggested that we make a video.

He had some video's from other bike rides, so I took it from there. I ended up making him a Motivational Type "Infomercial" about the Ride he was doing.

From there he told me about a friend of his, who had made a movie for his family in 1987. His family lives in South America and it was basically a video of his coming out, not only as a gay man but as a gay man living with HIV. He had been showing this to groups as a motivational type program, but the only problem is, it was in Spanish, so it was only viewable for a limited audience. We worked together and I gave him a brand new copy of the movie with Subtitles so that he could share his story with more people.

So he then tells me about a friend of his who is planning his Memorial Service. He was telling me about his friend and that he was basically planning his service for when he died, he has poems and songs he wants played and things like that. He was wondering if I would help his friend make a video.

At first I was a little shocked, but then the more I thought about it, what a terrific idea.

What a way to provide the final story on yourself. Within a few minutes of talking with my friend, I knew I wanted to do this project.

He said that he would pass my name and number to his friend and have him call me, so I'm a little anxious about it.

I'll let you know how it progresses.

No comments: